Terms & Conditions
All tour departures are subject to weather conditions.
Please be aware that our tours may encounter wild animals in their natural environment and guests should not assume that Digital Antarctica has any control over their appearance or behaviour. Our staff will make every effort to ensure the best possible encounters on the day and based on previous experience we work on a better than 95% success rate, however, there are no guarantees or refunds in the event of non-encounters or sightings.
For bookings made before 1 July 2022, if the situation with Covid-19 prevents you from joining your tour we offer the following options to ensure you feel comfortable and secure with your travel plans:
- Ability for you to rebook for our 2023/2024 season
- Swap your booking to another one of our tours—anywhere in the world
- Refund your funds (minus admin fees) *** Note: All deposits are non-refundable***
Cancellation of a booking or part thereof will incur the following fees based on the notice period prior to any tour. Once travel has commenced, no refunds will be made for any unused services and clients will be responsible for their travel arrangements and insurance.
- A deposit for any tour is made upon booking to secure your place on the tour, this is non-refundable. By paying the invoice for the deposit you accept these terms and conditions.
- If a cancellation is made within 1-2 months (60 Days) prior to the tour date, we will reimburse the cost of the tour up to 15% minus the deposit which is non-refundable upon booking the tour.
- If a cancellation is made within 3 months (90 Days) prior to the tour date, we will reimburse the cost of the tour up to 40% minus the deposit which is non-refundable upon booking the tour.
- If a cancellation is made within 3 – 6 months (180 Days) prior to the tour date, we will reimburse the cost of the tour up to 65% minus the deposit which is non-refundable upon booking the tour.
Cancellations made by Digital Antarctica to a tour will be reimbursed in full (Not including the deposit which is non-refundable).
Cancelled days during tours
If for any reason weather or operational cancellation of a single day occurs during the tour, there is no refund provided if the circumstances are out of the control of Digital Antarctica.
The itineraries on our websites are correct at time of publishing and may differ slightly depending on changes to local operations, foreign policy and laws, availability of resources, flight schedules. In the case of any changes, Digital Antarctica will endeavour to provide an alternative option to continue your itinerary.
Travel insurance is NOT included in the cost of your tour. Digital Antarctica strongly recommends that passengers arrange their own travel insurance. Insurance is required before arriving at your destination to ensure you are covered for unforeseen situations that may arise to cause loss of luggage, cancellation of flights or medical emergencies.
Digital Antarctica and its affiliates are not responsible for loss or damage of any equipment whilst participating in these activities. Appropriate travel insurance should be arranged prior to visiting your destination.
While Digital Antarctica makes every effort to safeguard our clients, we cannot be held responsible for personal injury or loss due to events beyond our control. Digital Antarctica carries inherent risk as you are interacting with wild animals and a signed release form is required from all participants before tour departure. This is signed on the first day of departure or prior to arriving at your destination on each separate tour. Guests are encouraged to download this liability waiver and return back to Digital Antarctica prior to your tour.