This Lord Howe Island Photographic workshop 2022 will have options for wildlife and bird enthusiasts, star gazers and hikers, snorkelers and water-people alike. We aim to explore the island photographing the many amazing places and wildlife found on this world heritage destination.
1st – 8th April 2022
- Return flights departing from Sydney
- 7 nights accommodation (twin share accommodation)
- Return island airport transfers
- Airport taxes
- 6 dives for divers/snorkelers
- Practical workshops with Scott Portelli to learn more about your photography or tweak what you already know. Workshops will include practical and in classroom techniques.
- Dive and snorkel gear
- Morning tea on dive days / boat trip days
- Dive and snorkel leaders
- Transport around the Island
- Welcome and Departure Dinners
- Divers from $6300*
- Non-divers from $6150*
* Please note: Prices are per person twin share. Valid for travel 1st – 8th April 2022. Single supplement applies. Dive & boat trips subject to weather conditions.
Surf photography session
As part of our workshop, we will be aiming to do a few early morning sessions in the surf at Blinky’s Beach. the water is so clear and pristine with consistent waves. whether you shoot from the surface or under the water, you will have the best chance to improve your skills and learn about light.
Night sky astrophotography (All)
Lord Howe Island has some of the clearest skies in the south pacific. there is no light pollution which means Astrophotography opportunities are ideal. we will look at shooting the night sky across this iconic landscape.
Underwater photography session for divers and snorkelers (multiple days)
The coral reefs around Lord Howe Island are a mecca for divers and snorkelers, clear waters, beautiful caves, bright coral and an abundance of marine life. you never know what you will see, but we will help you capture it on camera. learn some of the best underwater tips and tricks to get that perfect photo.
Beach session Ned’s Beach Fish (all)
Playing with the resident fish at Ned’s beach is a must for any visit to Lord Howe Island. and capturing their antics on camera is even more challenging. learn the art of taking split shots and capturing those decisive moments.
Aerial photography and video session (must have own drone)
For those that love the aerial landscape, we will be looking to capture some unique perspectives of this amazing place. coral reefs, steep cliffs, pristine beaches and a lush green landscape, all lend to that perfect aerial shot.
Landscape photography session (all)
The island is so pictureque, you are spoilt for choice. we will explore some of the most beautiful landscapes on the island and spend time and dusk and dawn trying to capture their essence.